How do I push stuff to gitlab?

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Thu Nov 19 01:34:14 UTC 2015

> > That looks correct. It marches what I have.
>
> > I would do these steps:
> > 1. Try the push again in case it's a transient error.  If that fails:
>
> Worked this time.
>
> I'd still like to understand what's going on.  How does it know who I am?  Is
> that repo world writable?

You gave GitLab an ssh public key; git uses your ssh private key.  This
allows you to be authenticated to GitLab.  You're a member of the NTPsec
project with the role "Developer", so you can push to any unprotected branch.
The repository is not world-writable.

It does puzzle me that one part of the GitLab interface thinks you've left
the project, but you're still listrd as a member at

https://gitlab.com/u/hal.murray