NTPsec on OpenSwitch

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Thu Dec 24 03:49:16 UTC 2015

Srivatsan, Srinivasan <srinivasan.srivatsan at hpe.com>:
> Eric,
> Can you point us to the different ways we can interact with the daemon after the daemon has loaded and provide additional configuration to the daemon, as in add/delete/authentication-enable certain ntp client configuration without restarting the daemon. Also if there is a way to check the daemon status instead of using polling ?

The only way I know how to check the daemon status is using ntpq, just as in
NTP Classic.  To the extent their version of ntpq allows you to do these
things, the same recipes will work under NTPsec.

In general, our feature set has changed very little from NTP Classic.  Most
of the changes are under the hood and relate to code hardening for security.