quick status check

Jason Azze jason at azze.org
Tue Dec 15 22:05:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Mark Atwood <fallenpegasus at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> Checking in, what have you done in the past two weeks, and what are you
> working on now?

I should take a moment to introduce myself, as well.

I'm Jason Azze, jasonium on IRC. I'm not on the team, I'm just sort of near
it.

Back in the 20th century I was a professional editor of non-fiction books
and scientific journals.

Now I'm a sysadmin at a firm that makes computer-aided engineering
software. I'm responsible for running hundreds of test machines and their
supporting test automation infrastructure.

ESR is somewhat responsible for my transition, but he doesn't know it.

I run a Jenkins instance at home where I do automated builds of gpsd and
NTPSec. Lately I've been working on some Puppet code to help provision
NTPSec compile/test machines. This is mainly as an exercise to try out new
ideas that I can use at work, but I will share anything useful I manage to
create.