Your latest push broke refclocks

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sun Dec 6 04:20:20 UTC 2015

> A non refclock works.
>
> With refclocks, I get lots of problems.  This is just the first part.

Copied to list...

Damn.  I happened to leave refclocks off when test-building.  The
fix is easy but will take a little time.

For everyone's information: This is happening because I've broken
struct recvbuf apart into an outer structure that contains only
housekeeping stuff and an inner "struct payload" with the actual data
members representing an incoming packet and accompanying state
information.  Many functions that used to take struct recvbuf arguments
now take struct payload arguments.

The actual point of this is to make struct payload something that can be
serialized into a capture log - no pointers, no file descriptors, nothing
but the packet state itself.

I need to catch up the refclock code so it uses the new structures.