Proposal: shoot vint64 through the head

Mark Atwood fallenpegasus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:57:49 UTC 2015

In general yes, ESR and I share the policy of "if we need a hack for an odd
case, deal with it when we have to".

So, now this is a question for Eric:  You had said "There is some fairly
nasty code in NTP's calendaring library to work around the absence of a
true 64-bit integral type."  If we ever do have to hack back *in* support
for the absence of a true 64bit, can it be done in a way that is less
"nasty"?

..m